Granted after successful completion of:
1. An approved wedding certification course or successful completion of AACWP’s Wedding Planner Training Courses, including required homework.
2. Payment of AACWP’s membership fees.
3. Stated approval of AACWP’s Code of Ethics.
4. AACWP membership eligibility requirements.
5. Mentorships are not required for the TWP status.
CWP status may be granted to independent wedding planners, catering managers or church coordinators as long as the applicant can fully meet the following criteria:
1. Completion of AACWP’s Wedding Planning Training Courses or a Board approved wedding planning certification course. Applicant must supply a copy of certification document.
2. Proof of full-service wedding planning of three (3) weddings within an 18-month period. Provide copies of a signed agreement between the planner and the bride for each wedding, a wedding planning calendar or timeline for each wedding, a budget for each wedding, and verification of planning meetings with at least two vendors for each bride.
3. If the applicant is a current TWP member and took the AACWP training course, he or she must have completed two mentorships with current CWP’s or CMWP’s on the mentor list of AACWP. The evaluation forms should be included from both mentorships. This requirement is waived for wedding planners who are active and who were certified by an approved organization.
4. Attendance at four (4) AACWP meetings within twelve 12 months of completion of AACWP’s Wedding Planning Training Courses. This requirement is waived for wedding planners who are active and who were certified by an approved organization.
5. Supply copies of the following:
a. Two letters of referrals or appreciation notes from Brides whose weddings were within the last twelve (12) months.
b. Business license or Tax ID number
c. Proof of current individual liability insurance
d. Evidence of Advertising, including a copy of such
e. Evidence of an account established with two national suppliers
6. OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS AND APPLICANTS FROM 50 MILES OUTSIDE OF THE DFW AREA. A CWP applicant, from out of state or 50 miles outside of the DFW area, formerly trained by AACWP or another approved certification course, is not required to complete two mentorships in Dallas. This applicant shall provide proof of six (6) full service weddings within a 24-month period. Along with the completed application forms, included shall be copies of a signed agreement between the planner and the bride for each wedding, a wedding planning calendar or timeline for each wedding, a budget for each wedding and verification of planning meetings with at least two vendors for each bride. Copies should also be submitted for all items under #5 above to complete the application for Certified Wedding Planner.
7. AACWP’s application processing fee.
1. Meet the requirements of AACWP Certified Wedding Planner as stated.
2. Five years of membership with a professional wedding organization. Provide a statement specifying the organization, the years the applicant was a member, and a contact number.
3. Written recommendation from two (2) CMWP members in good standing. Contact AACWP’s Membership Chairperson for a current list of these members.
4. Provide documentation or a portfolio of three (3) recent full service weddings. The following information should be included:
a. Signed agreement between the planner and the bride
b. Wedding calendar or timeline
c. Wedding budget
d. Vendor contact list
e. Verification of planning meetings with two vendors
f. Photographs of the weddings prepared on an inspiration board not to exceed one page. Include the contact information for the photographer.
5. Successful completion of written examination
6. Oral interview with a panel of AACWP members
7. Evidence of serving a completed term of office on the Board of Directors for AACWP or another approved organization’s Board of Directors for a minimum of two years. Provide a statement specifying the organization the board position(s), the years served on the Board, and a contact number for the current Board President.
8. Publication of a wedding related story or advice in a book, news article or magazine. Provide a copy of one of these documents.
9. Preparation and presentation of a wedding related educational program. Provide a copy of the presentation, the date and time of the presentation, and the name and contact number of the organization to which it was presented.
10. AACWP application processing fee.